Sketchbook Challenge

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Cafe" monotype

Last night I won best of show at the Diamond Valley Arts Council show! You could have knocked me over with a feather. Looking at the pix of myself, I think I should get some artistic work done on my face, but that aside, I'm thrilled. By the way, I haven't had a dress on in three years, but I thought jeans not appropriate for a black tie event. (A lot of the men had tuxedos on, and they were great to look at, too). I thought winning best of show was the ultimate, but there's more. The judge couldn't decided which of two works to choose and they were both mine!!!!!! That's why I couldn't sleep last night. I hope everyone who wants to try printmaking will take a chance. It's a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Debra McWilliam said...

Congratulations! I love your monotype, even though I don't exactly know what that is.
And that was your shoe too??? Loved it when I saw it in Somerset!
Deb

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

Love It! Printmaking is such a fun medium to work with----always a surprise. Congrats!
Nikki

beckyais said...

Wow, congrats! You should post the "second place" one you entered so we can see it too!
Becky

Mackenzie Bergmann said...

Hey Laura! Congrat's to you!

I couldn't find your email address on your blog. Will you be able to make it over tomorrow?

Call me or email me

Julie Bergmann