Sketchbook Challenge

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Journal Spank


Sometimes one must be pushed into doing some art. Here's my 'push' from the Yahoo Group, theartjournal. All you haveto do is reach behind you and whatever you touch you drqw. Well, I touched my printmaking suitcase (with lots of pockets and zippers) and here's my rendition. Earlier that evening, I did my first stencil which sprayed with the only spray paint I had. I don't usually use blue, but was drawn to it last night. I've been thinking a lot about how blessed I am. I don't have any money to speak of, but I have made peace with my shortcomings, and am pretty content most of the time. I have lots of friends, more than enough art supplies, and a great big book I journal/art in. These pages are in my 15"x30" book. Thanks for being part of my journey.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ricë said...

i love the sketch--good for you!--and the stencil is WAY cool. what a good job. what methods did you use? (freezer paper? how did you alter the photo, etc.)

robin dudley-howes said...

These are really great! I love your other art too. I remember seeing you at AU last. Take care.
Robin

Kate Carvellas said...

Wow! Great job! This is fun seeing everybody's page from Rice's "spank"! :-)

Wabbit said...

Laura, I love the way you use color and I'm just blown away by Banty Baby! Great work! You go to AU? So do I! Maybe we'll all be able to meet up for a coffee or a drink or something while there this year. Marilyn

aimee said...

i love your bio - it's fascinating to read how how you started doing your beautiful art! and your story about your experience in lawrence blew me away. makes me like my city even more than i already did. thank you SO much for sharing that with me!

ATCLaura said...

Hi Laura, I found you! It was great meeting you yesterday and spending the day sticking clay to a canvas with you. Your story on how you came in to the art world really inspired me, thanks for sharing it. Keep in touch! -Laura F.