Sketchbook Challenge

Sunday, March 30, 2008

out of hiding

I'm struggling with updating my blog as I've had some recent success with my art and think that blogging might be bragging. My mother taught me that 50+ years ago. What's up with that?????? How could I still be living in the long gone past.

So here's the local art association updates. I took first place with a monoprint in February and took two second place ribbons for the month of March. One for portraits and one abstract called the 'wailing wall'. The portrait is for a friend of mine who is battling cancer and 'wailing wall' is one I'd rather not sell.

In March, I was juried into the 39th annual Redlands Multi-Media Mini show. I've heard it was very difficult to get in and I made it. I'm a new artist, so for those artist who wonder if you should try to enter shows, a clue from me. Never dreamed I could or would even want to be in a show, and yet, it's happened.

My other great news is the Riverside Art Museum picked one of my monoprints to be in the "Art Alive" show. I feel like I'll be the great-great-gramma moses here. haha

I'll post what pix I have for now, but will update later. Thanks for putting up with my introspection about what Mom said. Time to move on.

No comments: